Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Digital Boyfriend

So I have a boyfriend...and I have never met him in person.

Yes, I am very embarrassed to admit this, but it's true. And if you are curious...yes, this is the same boyfriend that I met on dList, and yes, this is the same boyfriend whose phone records I contemplated buying over the internet (if you've read my previous posts). His name is Taylor Johnson. He lives in Tyler, Texas, a small city outside of Dallas. He is 23 years old. His birthday is May 1st. He is a Taurus. He is 6'5" and 215 lbs. He has dark brown hair and eyes. He is a third degree black belt. He is the director of marketing for Suddenlink Inc. which is a cable company. I talk to him on the phone every day at least twice a day usually for an hour or so at a time. We text each other constantly, as well as send each other picture and video messages on a regular basis...

You're probably thinking, "This kid is NUTS!" That is debatable. Some of you might also be asking, "How do you know you're not being tricked?" Well, sometimes I wonder the same thing (hence, I almost bought his phone records). However, I do trust him and I do have ways of finding out if he is lying to me or not. This, though, is not my point.

Without the advent of the internet, as well as other technologies, this relationship would be non-existent. I would never even know Taylor existed. My friends often make fun of me about this whole thing and refer to my cell phone as Taylor, and in a way it's true. My phone is Taylor. It is the only way I can reach him. He's kind of like a digital boyfriend, and I'm totally fine with that.

Peace, Love
Evan

No comments: