Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Books for 370

This semester we read four books for MCS 370: The Wisdom of Crowds, Millennial Makeover, The Cult of the Amateur, and iSpy. Of the four I found The Wisdom of Crowds to be the least relevant to what we discussed in class; however, I did enjoy the book and there definitely were relevant subject areas in the book. The one book that I did not like was The Cult of the Amateur. Keen seemed to be too much of an elitist for my taste and his theories didn't seem to be based in anything factual. His theories seem to be the easiest to refute, especially due to the overuse of ridiculously strong language; however, the book was relevant because it brought a different perspective than the first two books.

On the whole, I think the books for the course were diverse and allowed me to see arguments from every angle.

Peace, Love
Evan

No comments: