Sunday, November 30, 2008

Surveillance

Surveillance drives me crazy...and not in the way that you might guess. I am a total internet stalker! It's bad. Especially when I date.

Once I dated this guy, we will leave him unnamed. He was very good looking and it made me very insecure (not about myself, about the guys looking at him). This led to a lot of distrust in our relationship. It got so bad that one time I went on the internet and tried to buy his phone records. This may paint a bad picture of me, but if it was only because the opportunity was there.

I didn't buy his phone records...in case anyone is wondering.

I charted my surveillance habits recently. Lately I use facebook to keep tabs on what the people around me are doing. I go on facebook about 10 times a day for about 10 to 20 minutes at a time. I usually surf the pages of those who are significant to me, like those I'm in a relationship with. My friend Erin and I actually joke about how much of a stalker I am.

Peace, Love
Evan

7 comments:

Swift (MCS222) said...

Evan, I mean wow I thought that i was bad with stalking on Facebook, but I must say that it has never gotten that bad to the point of where I have wanted to buy someone else's phone records. But, I still think that it is hilarious and I would love to know what you would have found if you really had done it. Also, I too get called a "Facebook Stalker" from about all of my friends, I am an addict.

Mike Burch said...

Haha. "Facebook Stalking" has become a popular phrase in colleges today. It just shows how easy it is to access other people's information and get lost in searching. One of my roommates is a big time "Facebook Stalker" and it's kind of sad. We just have to be careful that it is just our friends stalking us and not strangers who we do not want knowing personal stuff.

Anonymous said...

I've heard some stories, but nothing as extreme as phone records. Concerning your Facebook activity though, I know a lot of people are like that. I used to be surprised at first when I would send a message to someone only to get back a response literally a minute later. People do like their Facebook. :)

-Matthew Morgal

phillium said...

Haha, "facebook stalking" is definitely one thing, but contemplating the purchase of phone records brings stalking to another level. It's a good thing you did not purchase these, then you would definitely fall in a stalker category. I do have to admit though, I find myself guilty of monitoring the ones I am close to, mostly to make sure they are not getting themselves into trouble.

Jessica said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem. How did this obsession all start?! You’re funny

Fred said...

So many people facebook stalk without even knowing it. Just by clicking through pictures of people and not knowing you've gone through 200, in my book makes you a stalker. Although these tools are here I belive that in relationships there does need to be a level of trust. You need to be able to trust the person your dating enough not to try to go out and find out all the information you can about them

Rachael said...

haha I love how open you are about being a "facebook stalker." I know probably all of my friends on Facebook are guilty of stalking their boyfriends/girlfriends or ex's on occasion but most of them wouldn't admit it. I think that it is interesting to realize how many people actually use Facebook that often and to consider the fact that you could be being stalked by hundreds of other people as well.